It’s been a while since my last post, exams and a few other things kept me busy, but I’ve still been working on the design now and again. Over the last few days I’ve really gotten back to boat-design and actually building something again! Today I built a quick 1:1 mock-up of the middle 1.5m of the cabin, to check on the ergonomics of the current design. That was my third mock-up overall, and I got it done in just over three hours, which is incredibly quick considering that the first one I ever built took more than three days. I’m getting faster at this prototyping business. 😉 You can definitely trade a lot of the accuracy for flat out construction speed, and there’s plenty of tricks to help speed things along as well.
The overall dimensions proved sufficient, but found a couple of small problems (like the floor width), so the whole thing definitely served its purpose! 🙂