I’ve finally got some more current renderings, which show what I have in mind for my boat. It’s still a work in progress, and there are still a lot of details to work out, but it’s getting there! I’ve put a lot of work into thinking over the size and underwater shape of the hull, how to best mount the beams onto the main hull, and also what the coachroof and companionway is going to look like. I’ve also worked out a scheme to (hopefully) keep condensation on the cabin walls from becoming a major problem in cold weather.
The overall size of the boat is back up to just under 9 meters, I’ve finally figured out a way that I can build the boat with the available space (garage), and also how to keep the costs down enough so that I can actually pull this off. My estimate is that I need another 8000€ to complete it, from where I am now (tools bought, ama built, and some raw materials already on hand), so I’m going to have to work quiet a bit to get it all together. 😉
It’s good to be moving forward again!